ABC News Suspends Political Correspondent Terry Moran Over Controversial Comments About Trump Adviser
- Victor Nwoko
- Jun 8
- 3 min read

ABC News political correspondent Terry Moran has been suspended after making inflammatory remarks about Trump Deputy Chief of Staff Stephen Miller in a late-night social media post that was later deleted.
In the now-viral post, Moran described Miller as “richly endowed with the capacity for hatred” and “a world-class hater.” He further claimed Miller’s animosity served as his “spiritual nourishment,” adding, “He eats his hate.” Moran also characterized former President Donald Trump in a similar vein, asserting that Trump’s hatred was driven by self-glorification.

The comments, which were removed from Moran’s X account shortly after being posted, quickly circulated through screenshots. White House Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt publicly condemned the remarks, calling them “unhinged and unacceptable,” and stated that the White House reached out to ABC seeking accountability.
Miller responded to the controversy, claiming Moran’s comments were indicative of deep-rooted media bias. “The most important fact about Terry’s full public meltdown is what it shows about the corporate press in America,” he said. “Terry pulled off his mask.”

Senator JD Vance also denounced Moran’s statements as a “vile smear dripping with hatred,” defending Miller as a patriot motivated by “love of country” and calling on ABC to apologize.
ABC News confirmed Moran’s suspension, stating the post violated its editorial standards. “ABC News stands for objectivity and impartiality in its news coverage and does not condone subjective personal attacks on others,” the network said in a statement. “The post does not reflect the views of ABC News and violated our standards — as a result, Terry Moran has been suspended pending further evaluation.”

Moran, who currently covers the White House, the Supreme Court, and presidential campaigns, has had a long and distinguished career in journalism. He was handpicked by Donald Trump earlier this year for a sit-down interview — Trump’s first with ABC since winning a $15 million defamation lawsuit against the network. The interview itself was contentious, with Trump openly criticizing Moran during the exchange, stating, “I picked you to do the interview because frankly, I’d never heard of you, but you’re not being very nice.”
Moran’s remarks about Miller surfaced amid ongoing unrest in California tied to pro-migrant riots, which led Trump to call in the National Guard. Miller, widely known for his hardline immigration stance, has remained a polarizing figure in American politics.

Terry Moran, a Chicago native and Lawrence University graduate, began his journalism career at The New Republic before transitioning into broadcast reporting. He gained recognition for covering high-profile trials such as those of O.J. Simpson and the Menendez brothers and eventually moved into political reporting during the Clinton administration. His work on the Bush v. Gore Supreme Court decision was especially noted — his reporting allegedly informed Al Gore of his loss.
Over his career, Moran has received numerous accolades, including the White House Correspondents’ Association’s Merriman Smith Award and a George Foster Peabody Award. He formerly anchored World News Tonight Sunday and co-anchored Nightline, where he conducted multiple one-on-one interviews with President Barack Obama.
The suspension marks a significant moment in Moran’s career, as the fallout from his comments continues to reverberate through political and media circles.



















Comments