top of page
Using Mobile Phones

British Tourist Alleges Sexual Assault During Massage at Hotel in Greece as Authorities Launch Investigation

  • Writer: Victor Nwoko
    Victor Nwoko
  • Jun 24
  • 2 min read
A 37-year-old British tourist has said that she was sexually assaulted during a massage on holiday to Greece
A 37-year-old British tourist has said that she was sexually assaulted during a massage on holiday to Greece

A British tourist has filed a lawsuit alleging she was sexually assaulted during a massage at a hotel on the Greek island of Rhodes, prompting a police investigation into the reported incident.


The 37-year-old woman, who had been staying at a hotel in the Kremasti area of Rhodes, claimed the assault occurred last Thursday while she was receiving a massage. According to her statement to authorities at the Ialisos Police Station, the massage therapist touched her inappropriately six times with their fingernail in a sensitive area, without any clear reason or therapeutic context.


The woman stated that the physical contact was not consensual and described the experience as "indecent and violating," calling it an "insult to her sexual decency." She emphasized that the touch was unnecessary and offensive, further insisting that there was no justification for that part of the massage.


Following the complaint, Greek authorities confirmed that an official investigation has been launched to examine the allegations.

The holidaymaker had been staying at a hotel on Rhodes (pictured: coastline) when she said she was touched inappropriately while on the massage table last Thursday
The holidaymaker had been staying at a hotel on Rhodes (pictured: coastline) when she said she was touched inappropriately while on the massage table last Thursday

The accusation surfaced just hours after separate tragic incidents involving British tourists on other parts of the Greek islands.


On Friday, a 73-year-old British man was discovered unresponsive on a sun lounger at Agia Paraskevi beach on the island of Skiathos. Beachgoers noticed the man was unresponsive and alerted a nearby lifeguard, who administered first aid while emergency services were contacted.


A doctor from a nearby health center attempted to revive the man for approximately 40 minutes, but efforts were unsuccessful. The cause of death has not yet been determined, and an autopsy has been ordered.


In another recent incident, a 68-year-old British tourist was found dead on June 12 in Lindos, also on the island of Rhodes. Reports indicate he had gone for a swim and may have lost consciousness in the water.


These incidents have raised renewed concerns regarding tourist safety and well-being across Greek vacation destinations, particularly during the busy summer season.

Comments

Rated 0 out of 5 stars.
No ratings yet

Add a rating

Top Stories

1/4

Stay up-to-date with the news straight to your inbox. Sign up for our weekly newsletter.

  • Instagram
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

© 2021 by Naidja Scoop. All rights reserved.

bottom of page