Fugitive Accused of Killing New York Family-of-Four Captured in Dominican Republic
- Victor Nwoko
- Jun 6
- 2 min read

A man accused of brutally murdering a family-of-four, including two young children, in Irondequoit, New York, has been captured in the Dominican Republic following an international manhunt.
Luis Francisco Soriano, 31, also known as Jefry Yevo, was arrested in Punta Cana, a well-known resort town, after authorities tracked him down to a hotel where he was working at a call center. Soriano was wanted on four counts of second-degree murder and multiple narcotics charges related to the slaying of his cousin and his cousin’s young family.

The victims—30-year-old Fraime Ubaldo, 26-year-old Marangely Moreno-Santiago, four-year-old Evangeline Ubaldo-Moreno, and two-year-old Sebastian Ubaldo-Moreno—were found dead in the early hours of August 31, 2024. Their burned bodies were discovered in the basement of their fire-damaged home in Irondequoit, a suburb of Rochester.
Investigators later confirmed that all four had been stabbed in the neck and chest. The level of violence shocked even the most seasoned officers. Irondequoit Police Chief Scott Peters, a 32-year veteran, described the crime scene as “the worst thing I've ever seen” and vowed to “bring these monsters to justice.”

According to U.S. Marshals, Soriano initially fled to Puerto Rico before making his way by boat to the Dominican Republic. He was arrested after completing a work shift in Punta Cana.
“This horrific crime, which resulted in the tragic death of a family including two innocent children, rocked the very foundation of our society governed by law and order,” said U.S. Marshal for Puerto Rico, Wilmer Ocasio-Ibarra. “It is truly worthy of recognition, and our communities should feel reassured knowing that this fugitive has been captured and will face justice.”

Soriano’s brother, Julio Cesar Pimentel-Soriano, 34, was arrested earlier on September 7 and indicted on charges including murder, arson, burglary, and kidnapping. He has pleaded not guilty.
Police confirmed that the father of the slain children was a cousin of the Soriano brothers, and authorities believe the crime may have stemmed from a personal or criminal dispute.

The murders sent shockwaves through the community. James Settles, a neighbor of the victims, said he is reminded “every day” of the tragedy as he looks at the house across the street. In the days after the murders, family and friends held a vigil in front of the home, leaving balloons and stuffed animals in memory of the victims. The memorial still stands as a symbol of grief and resilience.
Soriano will remain in Dominican custody as U.S. authorities begin the extradition process. The U.S. Marshals Service praised the coordinated international effort that led to the capture of the fugitive, calling it a success that should reassure the public and honor the lives lost.



















Comments