Mother-of-Four and Instructor Killed in Tandem Skydive Tragedy in Devon as Investigation Begins
- Victor Nwoko
- Jun 16
- 3 min read

A 48-year-old mother-of-four and her skydiving instructor were killed in a tandem parachute jump accident at Dunkeswell Airfield in Devon on Friday, leaving her partner and the wider community in shock.
Belinda Taylor, from Totnes, died alongside instructor Adam Harrison during the tragic incident. Emergency services responded around 1 p.m. to reports of concern for two individuals near the aerodrome outside Honiton. Both were pronounced dead at the scene.

Harrison, a trained chiropractor and skydiving instructor since 2020, had been conducting the jump with Taylor when the fatal accident occurred. Witnesses reported seeing the bodies of the two skydivers “still together” on the landing strip. A fellow skydiver said all safety procedures had been followed before the jump.
Taylor’s partner, Scott Armstrong, who had gifted her the tandem jump as a present, witnessed the aftermath. “Belinda was my absolute world,” he said. “She was so kind and giving and would do anything for anyone. My nine-year-old son recently came to live with us, and she welcomed him with open arms and was brilliant. As a thank you, I bought her the tandem skydive. She was absolutely buzzing about it.”

After seeing Taylor’s body, Armstrong expressed heartbreak and demanded answers. “I want answers. Today, they took my world away,” he said in a social media post. “I miss you so much… I feel so lost. I don’t know where home is without you.”
Taylor’s eldest son, Connor Bowles, confirmed that she was a devoted mother of four—three adult sons and a teenage daughter—and a grandmother of two. “She was a selfless woman who wanted only the best for others, especially her loved ones,” he said. “She will be deeply missed.”

Another skydiver who jumped shortly after Taylor described a chaotic scene unfolding below. “Belinda jumped out, all the safety checks were done. My instructor noticed a commotion and ended the dive quickly. When we landed, we were told to get away from the airfield.” The diver saw Armstrong rushing to the other end of the airfield, where he discovered what had happened.
Police have launched an appeal for information and confirmed that the families of the deceased have been notified. Scene guards remain in place while multiple agencies investigate. British Skydiving has opened a formal Board of Inquiry into the incident and will provide a report to the coroner, police, Civil Aviation Authority (CAA), and other relevant bodies.
British Skydiving Chief Executive Robert Gibson extended condolences and confirmed the organization’s full cooperation with authorities. “Our deepest condolences go to their families, friends, and the entire skydiving community,” he said.

A spokesperson for the CAA stated: “We are aware of the incident and our thoughts are with the families. We will work with the relevant authorities to understand what happened.”
In response to the tragedy, local charity Devon in Sight suspended upcoming skydiving fundraising events scheduled for June and July. CEO Grahame Flynn said: “Having undertaken two skydive challenges myself, I know how meticulous the team at Skydive Buzz are. In view of this tragic news, our events are suspended pending the investigation. Our thoughts are with the instructor and student and their loved ones.”
The deaths come just weeks after another fatal skydiving incident in County Durham, where 32-year-old Jade Damarell died when her parachute failed to open. That death, believed to be a suicide, also rocked the UK skydiving community.
Investigations into the Devon tragedy are ongoing as authorities seek to determine the cause of the fatal jump.



















Comments